Kinesio Taping is a taping technique in which the tape is strategically applied over the patient’s muscle(s). Unlike traditional sports’ taping, where the tape is wrapped around a joint to provide stabilization and support, Kinesio Taping promotes relaxation of overused muscles, relief from pain, and a decrease in inflammation while maintaining the patient’s range of motion. While traditional taping constricts and inhibits the flow of bodily fluids to the effected area, Kinesio Taping aids in healing by stimulating the nervous and circulatory systems. The areas of application for Kinesio Taping are many and include treatment for a wide range of problems from headaches to joint pain, from athletic support to pre and post-surgical edema.
Quick facts about Kinesio Taping:
- Applied over the muscle instead of around the joint as in traditional sports’ taping
- Provides support to the effected area
- Stimulates the body’s nervous and circulatory systems to aid in healing
- Allows patient to retain their range of motion and can be worn 24 hours
- Numerous applications to suit a wide range of patient needs
For more information, you can visit